Monday, June 8, 2009

6 weeks!



Tomorrow Lucy is six weeks old! We can't believe how fast she is growing! I saw my friends adorable baby girl yesterday and she is 3 weeks old - and she made Lucy look like giant! I can't believe she was that little a few weeks ago! We haven't weighed her in a while - but we think she is close to 11 lbs!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Lucy was dedicated last weekend! She wore the family baptismal gown that has been in our family for over 100 years. She looked adorable and was a perfect baby! After her dedication and lunch with the families, we headed to Ottawa to have a few pictures taken by my friend Makaya. As always, she did a great job and got a few adorable shots. (See below).

This past weekend, Marcus was out of town so Lucy and I headed to Decatur for a long weekend. I am fighting a cold, so it was nice to have Grandma and Grandma Jacoby's (aka Nana and Big Jake) help for a few days! We did some shopping, napping, eating out and even got to meet a few great family friends! She really enjoyed spending a few days with Grandma and Grandpa J.

Although I would have loved for her to stay a newborn forever I am really enjoying her becoming more of an infant. She is starting to show her own personality and is really picking up on everything around her. She is becoming more calm and content everyday. She has great eye contact and really follows people when they move and talk! She has been smiling for a long time, but this weekend I am pretty sure she responded to me talking to her with a smile! What a great feeling! I am looking forward to more of those!

I have to get going to get everything together for my first day back at work tomorrow. Babies need a lot of stuff - even if it is just for a few hours! :) I met with the babysitter today to go over all the last minute details - and met her adorable kids (5 yrs., 3 yrs., and 9.5months). The older two kids are so excited for Lucy to stay at their house during the day! The three year old little girl is so excited for another girl in the house! The first thing she said when she met her was - "She's cute, I love her" - how sweet is that? :)












1 comment:

Becky said...

You guys look so great! What a beautiful family!